ACC CoverPlus Extra & the Benefits
All self-employed people can apply for ACC CoverPlus Extra.
ACC CoverPlus Extra may be worth considering if :
- your income fluctuates
- your personal taxable income is not a true indication of actual earnings
- your business will still generate income while you are injured
- you have not been self-employed for long
- you want a guaranteed level of lost earnings compensation
- Compensation is paid whether the injury is work related or not
- You can negotiate a pre-agreed level of lost earnings compensation. This assures you exactly how much you will receive each week if you are injured and cannot work.
- You will receive 100% of the amount of the agreed compensation until you are fit to return to work full-time.
- If you need to make a claim, you will not need to prove your earnings as the weekly compensation has already been agreed to.
For a quick calculation of what it may cost you, go to www.levycalculatorsacc.nz/cpx.jsp
If you are interested in enquiring further as to how ACC CoverPlus Extra may assist you in managing your risk protection, please contact our office.
Nick Hoogeveen & Associates - Chartered Accountant
Disclaimer - This document is a guide only. It should not be used as a substitute for legislation or legal advice. Nick Hoogeveen & Associates is not responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of information in this document, or for any errors or omissions.